We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Recently, our community has been through a lot over the last few weeks. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Dean Orthodontics. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). As we open our practice on May 1st we are asking for each patient/parent/staff member patience and cooperation in following these new pandemic guidelines.
We request that patients and their families wear a cloth face covering during this time as recommended by Governor DeWine to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We will let patients know when it is safe for them to remove the facial covering when we begin the clinical portion of their appointment. You may see some changes to our daily operations. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Prior to your appointment, our staff will be communicating with each patient and will be asking health screening questions.
- We ask if a patient is sick or a family member is sick, please contact us to reschedule your appointment.
- We are asking patients to brush prior to coming to your appointments. Our brushing station will be temporary closed during this time to help reduce transmission.
- As patients arrive, we ask that you call the office and notify our staff you are here. We will get you checked in and again complete a health assessment as you wait in your car.
- We continue to follow the CDC and ADA recommendations by limiting the number of people in our waiting area. We ask patients to come inside by themselves if comfortable doing so. If a parent/guardian is needed to accompany the patient, we ask that only one parent or guardian per patient enters the office with the patient. As stated above, we request that parents/guardians entering the office wear a facial mask/covering.
- Our office will be taking the temperatures of each patient. We too, will be taking the temperatures of our staff and completing daily health assessments to ensure your safety.
- We will have hand sanitizer available to our patients and staff.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- For payment methods, we are asking patients to send payments by mail, by phone or utilize our drop box located at our Cambridge office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 740-439-5335 or visit our website at deanortho.com
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.